An Introduction about Miami Mold Removal Association

Spores of mould. They almost sound like alien invaders from a sci-fi movie in the 1950s—”The Killer Mold Spores’ Invasion! “But that definition might not be too far off the mark. The mould is toxic. It can be more prevalent than termites, carbon monoxide, asbestos, or radon and can cause more health issues. Actually, in nature, mould is everywhere and impossible to get rid of. According to the EPA website, “In the indoor environment, there is no realistic way to remove all mould and mould spores; moisture management is the way to management indoor mould growth.” According to the Consumer Product Protection Commission, from one third to one half of all buildings in the United States have the damp conditions required to promote mould growth. Learn more by visiting Miami Mold Removal Association.

In the case of those with mould sensitivity, mould and mould spores can cause severe health issues and even death. When it comes to mould, many individuals are slightly aware of health issues, but most do not know that mould can also cause significant harm to a house or building (similar to a termite infestation). When it comes to protecting your family and home, battling and avoiding mould should be at the top of the list of any homeowner.

What’s Molded?

The simple answer: moulds are part of the kingdom of fungi, similar to yeasts or mushrooms (actually, the antibiotic Penicillin is a mould). Mold is a living organism, a part of nature, and also has a beneficial role-all our dead organic matter is broken down. By releasing tiny spores, invisible to the naked eye, into the air, mould reproduces. In moist areas, these spores land and begin to grow and spread. While there are hundreds of thousands of mould varieties, without the presence of moisture, air and something to feed on, none would exist. Because mould can still occur outdoors, the one ingredient a homeowner doesn’t need inside the house-moisture-is essential to monitor.